Join as a member
Being a member of an NHS Foundation Trust gives you the opportunity to get involved with your local hospital and participate and positively influence plans for the development of the Trust and its services for the benefit of patient and carers.
You can join as a member on our dedicated members portal.
Who can apply?
Anyone aged 16 or above can become a member of our Trust and all members are eligible to stand for election.
How involved you will be is up to you. Some members have a very active membership, while others will choose to only receive a newsletter.
Levels of membership
Level 1 – as little as:
- Receiving newsletters and regular updates
- Receiving invites for members’ events and meetings
- Receiving voting papers for the governor elections.
Level 2 – as above and a little more:
- Participating in surveys/questionnaires
- Attending members’ events
- Attending and participating in the quarterly governor and member meetings
- Voting for a governor to represent them in the election process.
Level 3 – as per levels 1 and 2, plus:
- Standing for election as a governor
- Attending Council of Governor meetings.
Benefits of membership
In line with the terms of the Trust Constitution members of the Trust will have the following rights and benefits to:
- Be able to elect governors
- Be able to stand as a governor
- Receive regular information about our activities, such as newsletters
- Provide opinions and be kept informed of plans for future developments
- Be involved and consulted on issues such as changes and improvements to services
- Act as an ambassador for their community or interest group
- Attend member events
- Recruit new members
- NHS discounts.
Find out more detailed information about the structure, engagement and future plans of membership at NLaG by following the link to our Membership Strategy below: