Acute Care Physician
Come and Join Our Team of Physicians Providing Outstanding Acute Care
An excellent opportunity exists for a dynamic team player to join Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust as a Consultant Physician with an interest in Acute Medicine.
Ambulatory Care and Clinical Decisions, form the two areas of our Acute Medical Unit (AMU) and admits around 35-40 patients a day from the Emergency Department. AMU has recently modernised the patient information systems to improve patient care and further initiatives are progressing to deliver a full Electronic Patient Record. On site, AMU is supported by an excellent multi-discipline team; from nursing staff, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, mental health liaisons and palliative care nurse input is also available, along with state of the art diagnostics available 24/7.
You will form one of a team of five consultants in the department providing services at Diana Princess of Wales Hospital. The posts have been developed on the background of service redesign, 7 day access and growing needs to support education and training. You shall join 15 General Physicians in medicine each with a special interest. There is an excellent modern Development and Education Centre with extensive facilities. The opening of the Hull York Medical School has brought an increase in the number students being taught within the Department. The successful candidate will be expected to take part in the teaching of medical students.
Northern Lincolnshire is an attractive place to live and work, with superb value housing in award winning market towns and villages as well as larger centres. Excellent local grammar schools compete favourably with independent schools in national league tables. Humberside airport, Hull ferry terminals and good transport links provide convenient national andinternational access.
The area has to be visited to appreciate the benefits of living and working here.
What we can offer you
Making a life changing decision for you and your family isn’t always easy. We are on hand to offer support on your career developments and supporting the needs of your family, including:
- Dedicated on-boarding team to assist in finding a family home, suitable education for children and supporting the transition to the UK and the NHS
- Generous relocation allowance
- Assistance with travel arrangements.
- As an A-Rated sponsor, we are able to provide certificates of sponsorship for your visa
- Support with professional registration with the GMC
- Dedicated recruitment officer to assist you with general queries and paperwork
- A friendly and welcoming team, including very experienced and forward thinking clinical leads and an associate medical director.
We pride ourselves on the benefits we offer to our employees, a small selection of which are:
- Substantial annual leave allowance
- Study leave and funding available to further clinical skills and good practice
- Opportunity to inform and shape an Acute Care Service
We know it’s the little things that can make a huge difference when making a huge decision, like relocating to the area or moving to the UK, that’s why we have it covered. If you have a unique circumstance or require additional assistance, we will be pleased to do what we can to help you in this. Just speak to one of our friendly members of staff.
- UK mobile phone number
- Someone to arrange and book transport
- Support in finding a home not just a house
- Good schooling sourced for your children prior to arrival
For more information on the role or for a more in depth discussion, email our Medical Recruitment Manager at David.Sprawka@nhs.net