- Mr Aravind Desai
- Job title
- Consultant Orthopaedic Shoulder Surgeon
- Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital, Goole and District Hospital
- GMC number
- Hon Sr Lect at Sheffield University , Hon Sr Lect at Hull Yorkshire Medical school.
- Orthopaedics, Trauma and orthopaedics
- Special interests
- Shoulder and Elbow, Arthroscopy (Sports medicine), Arthroplasty (Joint replacements)
Dr Aravind Desai, has a special interest in sports injuries and is a leading light in orthopaedics having been at the forefront of developing cutting edge techniques in his speciality.
Originally from India, Dr Aravind Desai has joined the team at Grimsby hospital after previously training at Marathada University. Since, Dr Desai has completed his Northern Deanery Training in Newcastle and was amongst 150 candidates to obtain both masters of science and surgery in Orthopaedics.
Dr Desai currently lives in Newcastle with his family and speaks several languages including English, Hini, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi and Gujarati. He has several academic publications internationally.