- Dr Shuja Ali Syed
- Job title
- Consultant in Emergency Medicine
- Scunthorpe General Hospital
- GMC number
- I am registered with Royal College of Emergency Medicine. , EuSEM (European Society of Emergency Medicine) and Examiner for European Board In Emergency Medicine (E.B.C.E.M), Associated with the British Association of Immediate Care (BASICS), Registered as Member of English Boxing Association Level doctor.
- Accident and emergency, Emergency care
- Special interests
- I have special interest in teaching and training; I am an instructor in life support courses ALS & EPALS, also started Fascia iliaca compartment block Course in our emergency department and trained more than 50 individuals across both sites including junior doctors, ENPs, ANPs, ACPs and PAs. I am also facilitating and leading Thursday’s regular junior teaching session on alternate weeks, I am Lead in Ultrasound in our department. I am also an Examiner for European Board in Emergency Medicine
As Emergency Physician in charge (EPIC) on the shop floor I have to lead and supervise resuscitation and management of patients with various medical emergencies.
I am the lead in teaching and training and along with junior doctors on the shop floor I also supervise physician assistant (PAs)and Hull and York medical school student doctors.
In our department we follow a highly developed patient centred philosophy of care and consistently demonstrating highest level of personal and professional standards.