Essential resurfacing and repair work to our car parks at Scunthorpe hospital is taking place over the next few weeks which will mean a number of temporary closures for patient/visitor and staff parking.
The work will improve the flow through the sites and prevent people obstructing emergency vehicles. The majority of the work is being scheduled for a weekend to minimise disruption to patients and visitors.
The patient and visitor car parks affected will be as follows:
• Friday 14 February: Car Park 4 upper (outside the diabetes centre) from 7.30am to 5pm
• Saturday 22 February: Car Park 4 lower (patient car park on the right of the Church Lane entrance if you’re driving onto the site) from 8.30am to 4.30pm (please note – this is a change of date from previously advertised).
• Sunday 23 February: Car Park 2 (patient car park outside A&E) from 8am to 4pm (please note – this is a change of date from previously advertised).
• Saturday 2 March: Workshop Road (the road alongside the side of the site, connecting Church Lane to A&E. Only the car parking bays will be affected by the works so the road will be open as usual) from 7.30am to 5pm.
• Sunday 3 March: Dialysis Car Park (in front of the dialysis entrance. This is reserved for dialysis patients only so will not affect general patients) from 7.30am to 5pm.
Patients and visitors are encouraged to use the Park and Ride service as an alternative. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.