Digital appointment letters
Coming soon… patient portal
Patients will soon be able to view their appointment letters on their mobile phone as the Trust is moving over to digital letters.
It means people will no longer have to wait for an appointment letter to arrive in the post and they’ll be able to confirm, cancel or rebook their appointment at the click of a button.
Watch this video to see how it will work:
What happens when you receive the text
• You will receive a text reminder to your smartphone with your appointment details
• Simply click the link in the text message to take you through to the Portal.
• When you enter the Outpatient Portal, put in your date of birth and unique four-digit PIN from the text message
• This will take you to your appointment detail page, where you will be able to see your appointment date, as well as hospital and clinic information
• Select one of the three options presented on the page: confirm, rebook or cancel
• Confirming your appointment will let you add the appointment to your own calendar and send you a reminder nearer the time
• If you can’t attend the date specified in the letter, you can choose to rebook or cancel your appointment. If you select rebook we will contact you to arrange another date.
It’s quick, easy, safe and secure and should the digital letter not be opened within 48 hours the system will automatically print and post a copy out to your address.
The Trust is planning to roll out digital letters by Christmas 2020.