Making a formal complaint

As soon as you realise there is a problem or if you remain unhappy having raised a concern with a member of staff or PALS you can make a formal complaint.

You can make a complaint by contacting the Patient Advice and Liaison Service who can advise and help you make your complaint, if you wish. You may ask a friend or relative to contact us on your behalf but we must have permission before we can discuss your personal circumstances.

How a formal complaint is dealt with (276kb)
In order to view PDF documents you will need Adobe PDF Reader

When we receive your complaint we will acknowledge it by post, within three working days and you will be given the name of the person dealing with your complaint. This person will contact you to discuss what will happen next. We will do everything we can to try and to resolve your complaint, which might include inviting you to a meeting with us. We will give you a timescale in which we will respond to your complaint, this timescale may vary dependent upon the complexity of your complaint, this can range between 25 – 65 working days. Your complaint will be treated confidentially and will not affect your current or future care or treatment in any way.


Other people you may want to contact

You might like to contact Healthwatch North Lincolnshire’s Independent Complaints Advocacy (ICA) service. They can give information and support and may be able to help you if you wish to make an NHS complaint. They can be contacted on freephone: 0808 802 3000.

Parliamentary and health service ombudsman

If you are not satisfied after your complaint has been investigated by the Trust, you have the right to ask the parliamentary and health service ombudsman to review your case.