Help with transport
If you need to travel on a stretcher or require oxygen or other medical gases during your journey to hospital, you’re entitled to hospital transport.
You may also be considered for hospital transport if you have no other means of getting to us and you:
- Are permanently in a wheelchair
- Have a mental health problem, learning disability, speech, sight or hearing difficulty which prevents you from using public transport
- Have a medical that would compromise your dignity or cause public concern if you used public transport
- Can’t walk without the continual support of another person or walking aid, such as a zimmer frame
- Experience side effects as a result of your medical treatment or condition which prevent you from using public transport
How to book
Ambulance service desk staff will ask you a series of questions to ensure you are eligible for ambulance transport.
If you live in North East Lincolnshire
To request hospital transport, please contact The Thames Group on 0300 3033176 between 8am and 6pm (excluding bank holidays).
To ensure the service is always available for those who need it, the staff will ask you a series of questions to ensure you’re eligible.
There are more details of the information you’ll need to provide on the Thames Ambulance website
If you live in North Lincolnshire or East Riding of Yorkshire
Please contact the Yorkshire Ambulance Service on 0300 330 2000 between 8 am and 6pm (excluding bank holidays)