Our team of dedicated volunteers provide an invaluable service to our patients and we have more than 500 working across Scunthorpe and Grimsby hospitals.
Volunteers help out in a number of ways from:
- Meeting and greeting patients and visitors, directing them to their ward or department
- Helping out on the wards, in outpatients and our emergency departments
- Working for hospital radio.
How to volunteer
You must be at least 17-years-old to offer your services as a volunteer. Trust volunteers are selected very carefully from the many applicants who apply each year.
All volunteers undergo:
- Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check
- A Medical assessment by the occupational health department
- An interview with the voluntary services manager.
Volunteers are always seen to complement the work of paid staff, and are never used as a substitute.
How to apply
If you are interested in volunteering please print off the application form and return to the address below:
Voluntary services office
Scunthorpe General Hospital