Basic transvaginal workshop
Staff at Grimsby hospital run a two day transvaginal scanning course which is accredited for continuing medical education by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. This is a theoretical, clinical applications and hands-on workshop using real patients and the Blue Phantom Ultrasound Training Models.
This is a basic course in endovaginal ultrasound scan and offers an introduction to the objectives of the ultrasound special skills module for the royal college of obstetricians and gynaecologists (RCOG) advanced training skills module (ATSM), faculty of family planning and reproductive Health. Live patients’ experience is supplemented with Blue Phantom Ultrasound Training Models. This is the world’s first and only interactive, menu-oriented simulator-based ultrasound training system.
The next course dates are yet to be announced.
To understand the following theoretical background:
- Overview of the basic physics of ultrasound, including safety issues and ensure competency in the use of commonly used ultrasound machines
- Infection control and safe handling of ultrasound machine
- Basic theoretical knowledge of common gynaecological/early pregnancy problems
- Basic theoretical knowledge of special procedures- Saline Infusion, Sonohysterography (SIS) and hysterosalpingo contrast sonography (HYCOSY).
To understand the following clinical applications:
- Ensure ability to identify the pelvic organs and their orientation and to establish their normality
- Ensure ability to identify abnormalities of the pelvic organs and correlate findings with the presenting complaints
- Ensure ability to establish a diagnosis and act accordingly.
This workshop will equip participants with the knowledge, confidence, professional skills and clinical competencies to use endovaginal ultrasound imaging in an appropriate and safe manner.
Who should attend
This is a basic course in endovaginal ultrasound scan that offers an introduction to the objectives of the ultrasound special skills module for the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RCOG) advanced training skills module (ATSM), faculty of family sexual and reproductive healthcare (FSRH) and is suitable for:
- Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (all grades)
- Radiologists (trainees)
- General Practitioners (GPs)
- Family planning and IVF nurses.
Family Services Division
Diana Princess of Wales Hospital
Course Fee £450.00. Please make all cheques payable to ‘Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust’ and forward with the completed booking form to Bridget Nelson at the address below.
The workshop is limited to eight delegates. We cannot accept liability for costs incurred in the event of a course having to be cancelled as a result of circumstances beyond our control.
All cancellations must be received in writing. Cancellations before 15th April will incur a £50.00 cancellation fee. Cancellations after 15th April cannot be refunded although substitute attendees will be welcome.
Email enquiries including details of one to one training courses to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org