Looked After Children team (LAC)
Our doctors and nurses aim to get the best possible health and wellbeing services that looked after children need for the children in care in North and North East Lincolnshire.
The service provides:
- Designated Doctor and Nurse for Looked After Children
- A named looked after children nurse for the child/young person in you care
- Initial Health Assessments when the child/young person becomes looked after
- 6 monthly health assessments if your child/young person is under aged 5 years
- Yearly health assessments if your child/young person is over 5 years
- Written reports for the child/young persons looked after children statutory review
- Individual health advise and support whether the child/young person lives at home with a parent or relative, lives with a foster carer or lives in a children’s residential home
- Health assessments in a place the child/young person wishes to be seen e.g. home, school, clinic the choice is theirs
- One to one health discussions with foster carers and the child/young person if they are worried about their health e.g. healthy eating and weight concerns or how you are feeling
- Pregnancy testing and sexual health discussions
- Information on health such as immunisation schedule, dental checks etc.
Please use the links on the right hand side of the page, depending on whether you are a looked after child, a foster carer or social worker.
Need to cancel an appointment?
If you wish to cancel a Looked After Children’s team appointment including:
- Initial health assessment review
- Health Assessment
- Pre-adoption medical
Please contact the relevant team below.
If you need to cancel any other hospital appointment please use the online cancellation form.