Our teams work across North, North East Lincolnshire and Goole and work closely with other agencies including social enterprise and local councils. Occupational therapy can help if you are having difficulty with everyday tasks, such as dressing or getting to the shops. Our staff can provide help and training with everyday activities and offer advice on adapting your home or workplace to meet your needs, helping you to regain or improve your independence.
Much of their work focuses on the functional implications of illness or disability and may involve assessment and rehabilitation for relevant daily living activities – for example, aspects of personal care and meal preparation. This work may be carried out while someone is in hospital or at their place of residence, following discharge. Your occupational therapist can also advise and recommend equipment, such as mobility aids, wheelchairs and other special devices.
Grimsby: 03033 302587
Scunthorpe: 03033 302889
Goole: 03033 304160
If you are an adult who is currently not an inpatient and yet you feel you may benefit from some community occupational therapy intervention, this can be discussed and accessed via:
North East Lincolnshire
Single Point of Access (SPA): 01472 256256
There are two options for occupational therapy services in North Lincolnshire.
- The below patient needs will be met directly by the independent living service at North Lincolnshire Council:
– support with major adaptations e.g. stairlifts, wet rooms,
– bathing assessments
– provision of grab rails
– provision of toileting equipment e.g. commodes or toilet frames/ seats
– support with moving and handling needs where rehabilitation options have been exhausted.
These referrals now need to be sent to the independent living service who can be contacted on 01724 298286 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or completing an online referral through the following link Staying independent – North Lincolnshire Council (northlincs.gov.uk)
- The Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Community Therapy Team (also known as core therapy) will now only be accepting referrals for:
- Community based physiotherapy where the patient is unable to attend outpatient settings
- Patients requiring Occupational therapy or physiotherapy for short-term rehabilitation linked directly to an acute health condition.
Patients with the above needs can be referred through community single point of access 03033 306602 (option 3).