Macmillan information centres
No one should face cancer alone. Macmillan volunteers and staff in our information centres at Scunthorpe and Grimsby hospitals offer the chance to talk in confidence about what you are going through in a supportive, private and relaxing environment. We also offer a weekly drop-in session at Goole hospital.
We are able to provide support and information over the phone or via email for those who are unable to access the centre in person. The service we provide is free and confidential.
We can help with information and advice about:
- Reducing your risk of cancer
- Different types of cancer
- Treatments and side effects
- Counselling and support groups
- Talking to children
- Accessing benefits and finances
- Practical support
- Life with or after cancer
- Caring and supporting somebody affected by cancer.
- Look good feel better masterclasses (please book a place by contacting the service in advcance)
Trust wide: Pat Chennells, Macmillan Information Facilitator
Macmillan lead cancer nurse
Central line for enquiries: 03033 305372
Opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm
Macmillan support line: Free phone 0808 808 00 00 (open Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm)
If you feel you’re facing cancer alone, we can be there for you.