We provide high levels of patient care across a wide range of surgical procedures that span specialties including colorectal, upper-gastrointestinal, vascular and breast.
General surgery focuses on the abdominal organs, from the intestines, small bowel and colon through to pancreas, gall bladder and more. Our consultants all specialise in their own areas, from colorectal surgery to upper gastro intestinal surgery, but undertake on call rotas for emergency care to non-elective patients for any general surgery complaint.
We are proud to be heavily involved with research projects and have a profound input in the Hull and York Medical School, with many students keen to undertake their colorectal training at our hospitals.
Within general surgery we come across many cancer patients and work closely with our oncology teams to provide supportive and well managed care plans for all our patients.
Our team of consultants and specialist nurses are always on hand to offer advice and support to our patients.
“Staff were absolutely brilliant – very attentive – nothing was too much trouble and treatment I received was second to none.”Patient comment via Friends and Family Test
The Trust is part of a national review of general surgery which has set out 20 recommendations to enhance patient experience of care, improve outcomes and reduce post-surgical complications.
General surgery appointments -Grimsby – 03033 306529
General surgery appointments – Scunthorpe – 03303 306532
Patient information leaflets
- Coping with Traumatic Experiences
- Circumcision/Frenuloplasty in Children
- Laparascopic Cholecystectomy
- Arthroscopy of the Knee
- Advice for Patients following Foot Surgery
- Enhanced Recovery Programme for Laparoscopic Nephrectomy
- Fascia Iliaca Compartment Block for Pain Relief for Patients with a Hip Fracture
- Fasting Guidelines – When and What You Are Allowed to Eat and Drink before Your Operation
- Floaters and Flashes
- Getting Ready for Home
- Intravenous Fluid Therapy for Adults in Hospital
- Intravenous Patient Controlled Analgesia
- Knee replacement – therapy
- Lumbar Puncture – A Guide to the Test
- Sepsis in Hospital – Discharge Advice
- Epidurals for Pain Relief after Surgery
- Pain Management following Day Surgery
- Pain Relief after Major Surgery for Adult Patients