Eyes are a very fragile organ and therefore require a great deal of care and expertise. We understand that suffering with sight problems can be frightening and as a result our surgeons and nursing teams take great pride in providing a high level of patient care and satisfaction.
All patients are individuals and we deliver tailored care within the department according to circumstances. Our consultants’ knowledge and experience span many areas and they are continually improving their professional development to ensure patients receive the most up to date treatment options. Whether you are new to our department or have been seeing us for a number of years our teams are always on hand to offer help and advice.
Our ophthalmic surgeons carry out a variety of procedures on patients with eye difficulties. Procedures include:
- Glaucoma surgery, cataract surgery and refractive cataract surgery (this is available to our cataract surgery patients to minimise dependence on distance glasses and is not a laser service)
- Retinal surgery and eye lid surgery
- Laser surgery for diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, retinal breaks
- Strabismus surgery (loosens or tightens eye muscles, which changes the alignment of the eyes relative to each other)
- Corneal surgery, lachrymal surgery (tear duct), endoscopic and external
eye lid cancers
- Botox service for dystonia and ocular motility problems.
“My eyesight is better now than it has ever been. Every day is a wonder for me as I can see something I had missed before. You realise how lovely things really are. Every day when I wake up the first thing I do is check that I can still see. It’s made such a difference to my life.”Lesley Nixon, Patient
Patient information leaflets
- Phacoemulsification (Keyhole Cataract Surgery) – Under Mr Kotta
- Phacoemulsification (Keyhole Cataract Surgery) – Under Mrs Bagga
- Phacoemulsification keyhole cataract surgery under Mr Goel
- Cataract Surgery
- Eyelid Care Instructions
- Eye Conditions Related to Diabetes
- Thyroid Eye Disease
- Floaters and Flashes
- Yag Laser Capsulotomy
- Retinal Argon Laser Treatment