Urology is the specialty that covers diseases of the urinary tract (kidney, ureter, bladder, prostate, urethra) and male reproductive organs (penis, testicles, fertility).Our team is led by five consultants and delivers a comprehensive urological service supported by middle grade doctors, clinical nurse specialists and secretarial administration teams.
Specialist services include:
- General urology clinics and specialist urology cancer clinics
- Haematuria (blood in urine) services
- Laparoscopic (Keyhole) surgery for Kidney cancers
- Erectile dysfunction
- Urodynamics and video-urodynamics
- Prostate Assessment Clinics
- Transrectal Ultrasound Scan and Prostate Biopsy Services
- Advanced Prostate Treatments
- ESWL for Urinary Stones
- Minimally invasive stone surgery including laser stone surgery
- Flexible cystoscopy.
Current service arrangements
Emergency urology services (for patients who require admitting) are provided at Scunthorpe hospital. Inpatient care, daycase procedures and outpatient appointments are run at all three hospitals. Urology services are due to be reviewed under the Humber Acute Services Review.
Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital
North East Lincolnshire
Scunthorpe General Hospital