What we do
We see children with a wide variety of conditions which can affect their everyday skills, learning, social opportunities and independence.
- Complex physical and learning needs
- Cerebral palsy
- Delayed development
- Motor co-ordination difficulties e.g. Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Degenerative conditions
- Problems resulting from a serious injury or medical event.
We work closely with the child or young person, their family and other professionals involved. We offer specialist assessment and advice and a range of interventions which include:
- Individual advice and therapy programmes for parents and nursery or school staff to carry out eg to help a child learn to dress or feed themselves and to improve handwriting
- Expertise in the provision of specialist equipment to support children with physical disabilities in all aspects of their life e.g. seating and hoists
- Expertise in adapting the children’s environments at home and at school to support their care and independence eg getting up stairs, using the bathroom, participating in lessons.
- A motor skills programme, delivered through school staff, to support children with motor co-ordination problems eg Developmental Coordination Disorder.
Where we work
Our North East Lincolnshire team are based at the Child Development Centre at the Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital and the North Lincolnshire team works out of the Child Development Centre at St Nicholas House on Shelford Street.
Our involvement can extend across home and school and involve liaison with a wide variety of other professionals eg the Home Improvement Team in the council, medical staff and other health professionals, social workers and school staff.
Referrals are accepted from health care professionals only. If you have a concern about your child, please talk with your child’s school, health visitor (if not yet at school), GP or contact us directly.
North East Lincolnshire (Grimsby): 03033 306537
North Lincolnshire (Scunthorpe): 03033 303758