Eyes are a very fragile organ and therefore require a great deal of care and expertise.
Our ophthalmic surgeons carry out a variety of procedures on patients with eye difficulties. Procedures include:
- Glaucoma surgery, cataract surgery and refractive cataract surgery (this is available to our cataract surgery patients to minimise dependence on distance glasses and is not a laser service)
- Retinal surgery and eye lid surgery
- Laser surgery for diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, retinal breaks
- Strabismus surgery (loosens or tightens eye muscles, which changes the alignment of the eyes relative to each other)
- Corneal surgery, lachrymal surgery (tear duct), endoscopic and external eye lid cancers
- Botox service for dystonia and ocular motility problems.
Grimsby: 03033 306530
Scunthorpe: 03033 306533
Goole and District Hospital:03033 306535