Paediatric physiotherapists bring their generic skills as physiotherapists and have additional knowledge of childhood conditions and have expertise in working with babies, children and young people.
- Delayed development of physical skills eg late walkers
- Difficulties arising from long-term medical conditions such as cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy and spina bifida
- Childhood arthritis
- Syndromes and diseases eg childhood cancer
- Recovery from injuries eg head injuries, fractures and sports injuries
- Rehabilitation after surgery
- General physical complaints such as hypermobile joints.
We use a range of approaches that are individually tailored to each child’s needs. This may include exercise programmes, postural management, specialist handling techniques, mobility aids and other specialist equipment. We provide patient specific training, to support and empower the patient, parents, carers and other professionals involved to promote confidence in managing their condition. We work in partnership with the children and young people themselves, their families and any other professionals involved.
Please follow link below for useful leaflets from the Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists – https://apcp.csp.org.uk/parent-leaflets