This self-referral route allows patients to access Podiatry Services quickly, without needing to see a GP or health professional first. This service is for people aged 16 years of age and over with podiatry problems and registered with a local GP practice. If you don’t want to self-refer (e.g. owing to communication difficulties), or are under the age of 16, you can be referred via your GP/Consultant/Nurse/Health Professional.
When not to use self-referral
- If your GP is out of our geographical area (please note this service is for Scunthorpe and Grimsby Podiatry Services only)
- If you have received treatment from the podiatry service for the same condition in the last six
- If you require routine nail cutting and skin care (corns and callus) and you don’t have an
underlying long term medical condition.
- If you require advice for fungal nails or verrucae
- If you are looking for a home visit and are not bed bound. We provide a very limited home visit
service and would support you to attend one of our clinics.
Useful Information and advice
You may find the following links useful, for advice leaflets and video links of common foot and ankle conditions:
Feet first-How to look after your feet
Diabetic Complications – signs of serious foot problems
Seeing a foot Specialist – your annual diabetes foot check
Corns & Callus
If you feel you require professional further advice and are not covered by our Service core offer, you may wish to find a private practitioner through these links:
Find a Podiatrist
Find a registered health and care professional
How to self-refer
We welcome you to attach a photograph to assist your application, this helps the clinicians determine the urgency of your request. In order to ensure your photograph is in focus tap the screen of your phone just before snapping the picture to ensure the moving subject has as much focus as possible. You may need friends or family to help you achieve the best image.
Please ensure you provide as much detail as possible as incomplete forms will be returned.