We provide a range of services both in hospital and out in the community.
Every ward has an allocated dietitian responsible for all dietetic services to that area and once you are referred to a dietitian by a member of ward staff we aim to see you within 24 hours. All of our qualified dieticians wear black or navy trousers or skirts and a white tunic with a light blue stripe on the collar and sleeves. The tunic will also have our light blue nutrition and dietetics logo on it.
General dietetic outpatient clinics are available which include nutritional support, in addition to the specialist areas of paediatrics, diabetes, gastroenterology, weight management, chronic obstructive airways disease (COPD) and oncology.
We support adults (16 years and older) with a range of nutrition and health needs including:
- Difficulties with eating and drinking that might result in under nutrition
- Gut and bowel conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome & Coeliac Disease
- Dietary assessment and advice regarding nutritional deficiencies
On referral, we will offer a consultation at a clinic or if necessary a home visit (including care homes). We work with you to identify changes that are needed to help you be as healthy as possible, and to support you and your family/carers by providing practical and accurate advice and information.
We also work as part of the:
- Community diabetes service including gestational diabetes
- Rehabilitation medicine services
- Oncology service.
Please note that we do not offer a service for eating disorders.
- The Vegetarian Society
- The Vegan Society
- The National Eating Disordes Association
- British Nutrition Foundation
- Introducing ‘MUST’ (bapen.org.uk)
- Managing Adult Malnutrition in the Community | Malnutrition Pathway
Scunthorpe: 01724 290043
Grimsby: 01472 875218