What we do
Our nurses work across North Lincolnshire providing specialist care and support to patients and their families. They play a vital role in preventing people from needing to go to hospital and they help patients get back home as soon as possible after a hospital stay.
Many of the patients district nurses see are elderly, have been recently discharged from hospital, are terminally ill or have physical disabilities with complex needs. As well as providing direct patient care, district nurses also have a teaching role, working with you to help you to care for yourself.
The district nursing team provide a range of interventions including:
- Assessment of health and social care needs, formulating an agreed care plan
- End of life care
- Chronic and acute wound care
- Education in the prevention of pressure ulcers and provision of equipment.
- Continence assessment and advice
- Venepuncture for management of patient’s long term conditions.
- Support and advice for patients and carers in self-management of their care.
Contact the team via the Single Point of Access on 03033 306602
Please note we do not manage Goole District Nursing services – this is run by City Healthcare Partnership. For Goole District Nursing call 01405 764755