Our district nursing teams work out in the community across North Lincolnshire providing nursing care to housebound adults and support to their families and carers. They see patients in their own home or in a residential care setting.
Many of the patients seen are elderly, have been recently discharged from hospital, are terminally ill or have physical disabilities with complex needs. As well as providing direct patient care, district nurses also have a teaching role, working with patients to enable them to care for themselves maximising independence.
The district nursing team provide a range of interventions including:
- Assessment of health and social care needs, formulating an agreed care plan
- End of life care
- Chronic and acute wound care
- Education in the prevention of pressure ulcers and provision of equipment.
- Continence assessment and advice
- Venepuncture for management of patient’s long term conditions.
- Support and advice for patients and carers in self-management of their care.
District nurses play a vital role in keeping hospital admissions and readmissions to a minimum and ensuring that patients can return to their own homes as soon as possible if a hospital admission is necessary.
Care Network West: The Isle and Scunthorpe North teams based at Global House, Scunthorpe – 03033 305198
Care Network South: Scunthorpe South team based at Global House, Scunthorpe – 03033 305194
Care Network East: Brigg, Kirton, Barton and Winterton teams based at Scawby House – 03033 306764