Our team of highly experienced and highly skilled staff include physiotherapists, specialist physiotherapists, hand therapists, exercise therapists, clinical support staff and administrative support staff.
We offer local outpatient physiotherapy services for Musculoskeletal problems at Scunthorpe and Grimsby hospitals and in community hub clinic’s in Barton, Brigg, Epworth, Ironstone, Winterton, Grimsby central and Cleethorpes.
The team pride themselves in ensuring patient care is maintained 100% and that both staff and patients are supported. The team will always listen to a patient’s needs or concerns and do their best to educate and inspire patients towards their goals through holistic treatment to promote patients to manage their own treatment and wellbeing as part of overall lifestyle changes. Staff regularly share best practice and have regular training to maintain high standards so that the best level of care is provided to patients.
- A high quality service delivered by registered and experienced staff
- Clinicians who care about the service they provide and the area they provide it to
- A strong working relationship with other professionals and services to ensure the best experience for our patients
- A service highly recommended by our patients.
- Access to external facilities to promote patient care
- Dedicated team of health professionals who focus on patient care and recovery.
Why choose us?
- We’re reliable, flexible, efficient and cost-effective
- We’ve worked hard to gain short waiting times with rapid access for urgent problems
- We’ve reviewed our way of working with patients so every appointment is beneficial and effective
- We have structured, accessible- training, support and supervision for the team
- We have the depth of skills to gain excellent results, local knowledge to support clients more fully and access to allied health professionals in all major disciplines to ensure holistic care.
- We’re continually improving and developing our service and are enthusiastic to work closely with you to continue this. This has included accessing community gyms as part of ongoing treatment
- We’ve recently developed a partnership with North Lincolnshire Council allowing access to their facilities for additional support to patients as part of their rehabilitation, with access to the gym, pool and exercise classes at a discounted rate.
I came with an ongoing complaint. My physiotherapist understood my concerns and helped me. I have returned to my hobbies with no pain. Thank youPatient
Where to find us
At Scunthorpe General Hospital the physiotherapy department is located on A&E side of the hospital on level B. If you enter the hospital at the outpatient’s entrance, physiotherapy is at the end of the corridor on the right. Please report to the reception desk and the receptionist will inform you of which waiting area to sit in. Parking is often difficult at the hospital, so please allow time for parking. Alternatively you can use the hospital park and ride service which drops off outside the outpatient’s entrance.
At the Diana Princess of Wales Hospital the physiotherapy department is located on the ground floor of the main hospital building. If you enter the hospital through the main entrance, continue past the café until you reach the main stairs. Turn right and continue until you see the lifts on your left. To the right of the lifts is a corridor. Continue to the bottom of the corridor and the physiotherapy outpatient reception is on your right.
If you are entering the hospital through the door opposite the family services building continue until you see the lifts on your right. Please inform the receptionist, or use the self-check in screen on arrival.
Patients are referred via their GP or another NHS professional e.g Consultant or Nurse Practitioner.
Our teams have created a number of videos to help patients with their rehab. Please do not perform these exercises unless you have been advised by your Physiotherapist to do them:
There are a variety of applications we recommend to use as part of a healthy lifestyle. These apps can provide support to patients when it comes to exercise, diet, mental health and goal setting.
Has your child has been referred for physio?
Patient information leaflets
- Back Pain
- Physiotherapy: Anterior Deltoid Muscle Exercises for Rotator Cuff Tears
- Physiotherapy – Pelvic Floor Exercises
- Physiotherapy at Goole hospital
- Physiotherapy department – Grimsby
- Physiotherapy: Breath Stacking Technique
- Physiotherapy: Mallet Finger Injury
- Physiotherapy: Tennis Elbow
- Physiotherapy: Vestibular Rehabilitation Exercises
- Facial palsy – physiotherapy
- Patients Attending Physiotherapy Appointments
- Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP) for Patients Undergoing Physiotherapy
- Shoulder impingement – physiotherapy (subacromial impingement syndrome)
- Shoulder impingement – physiotherapy (subacromial impingement)