Physiotherapists are responsible for the assessment and physical rehabilitation of those needing treatment due to illness, disability, accident or injury. They can help people recover movement and function to their full potential.
Physiotherapists help treat physical problems linked to a number of the body’s systems, including:
- Musculoskeletal – bones, joints and soft tissues
- Neuromuscular – the brain and nervous system
- Cardiovascular – heart and blood circulation
- Respiratory – the organs that help you breathe, such as the windpipe (trachea), voicebox (larynx) and lungs.
Examples of approaches used in physiotherapy include:
- Movement and exercise
- Manual therapy techniques
- Other techniques – such as heat, cold and acupuncture to ease pain.
Our physiotherapists work at Grimsby, Scunthorpe and Goole Hospitals and out in the community.
Has your child has been referred for physio?