Our radiology department provides an important imaging service to support clinicians and GPs both within and outside the hospital.
We have facilities at all three hospitals in Grimsby, Scunthorpe and Goole and we also provide some services at community clinics across the region. At Scunthorpe our state-of-the-art Blue Sky Imaging Suite provides a seven day service to patients and mobile MRI and CT scanners visit Goole so patients don’t need to travel to Scunthorpe.
Those patients who are unable to attend their appointment are asked to notify the department as soon as possible. To cancel or rearrange an appointment, please telephone the number on your appointment letter or alternatively call the relevant switchboard and ask them to put you through to radiology.
Radiology capacity is managed across all three sites in order to ensure that we are able to offer you an appointment at the earliest opportunity. This means that, on occasion, you may be asked to travel to another of our Hospital sites for your examination.
Imaging services offered include:
- General radiography (X-rays)
- Fluoroscopy and angiography (a type of X-ray used to examine blood vessels)
- Breast imaging
- CT scans
- MRI scans
Patient information leaflets
- Information about your Barium Enema
- Information about your Barium Swallow
- Barium Small Bowel Investigation
- Barium Enema – preparing
- Information about your Barium Meal
- CT Guided Pain Relief Injection
- MRI Scan
- X-Ray Guided Pain Relief Injection
- Information about your Ultrasound Guided Pain Relief Injection
- Ultrasound Guided Fine Needle Aspiration
- Ultrasound Guided Marker Insertion
- CT Scan
- Ultrasound in Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
- Information about your Ultrasound Scan
- Your Child’s Ultrasound Scan
- Ultrasound Scan of Your Abdomen and Pelvis
- Ultrasound Scan of Your Pelvis
- Ultrasound scan of your Upper Abdomen
- Information about your Defaecating Proctogram
- CT Guided Needle Lung Biopsy
- Ultrasound in developmental dysplasia of your babys hip