Scunthorpe General Hospital has excellent motorway links and is easily accessible from the M180, M18 and M1 as it’s located just a short distance from the M181.
Scunthorpe General Hospital
The purpose of this survey is to collect information about how visitors to NLAG hospitals access the sites in order to inform the new revision of the NLAG Travel Plan, which aims to promote more sustainable travel choices for NLAG employees and visitors.
As there is limited parking on site we encourage our staff, patients and visitors to use our popular Park and Ride service or public transport where possible as this helps ease congestion. There is a dedicated hospital shuttle bus and we are close to the town’s train station.
If you are dropping someone off at the hospital we have allocated spaces where you can do this, there are four just outside the main entrance and two next to the outpatients entrance on Cliff Gardens. Please note these are 10 minute only drop-off zones.
Park and Ride service
Parking a headache? Take the Park and ride service for 80p each way or £1.40 return. Park your car for free in the top two floors of the Parishes multi-storey car park in the town centre and catch the Hornsby n.o 9 bus from stand N in the bus station. Buses run from 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday with a final bus leaving the hospital at 8pm. The service also operates on Saturdays. Please see timetable below.
Please note: patients and visitors need to register their car registration number with the shopmobility office on the ground floor of the Parishes car park – this opens at 8:30am. If you have an early hospital appointment and need to register your vehicle details with Shopmobility before 8.30am you can either:
- Email email@example.com with your name, vehicle registration number, appointment time and contact telephone number on the day of your appointment or the day before
- Phone the Shopmobility office on 01724 297418 to give staff your name, vehicle registration number, appointment time and contact telephone number the day before your appointment
Visitors who park in the car park after 8.30am must sign in the visitor’s book in the Shopmobility office.
Disabled users can park anywhere within the Parishes car park and do not need to register with the shopmobility office.
The buses stop outside the outpatients entrance on Cliff Gardens and the main entrance on Church Lane. Normal concessions apply: bus passes accepted and under 5s are free.
By public transport
Information about bus timetables and trains to and from Scunthorpe General Hospital.
We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and promoting sustainable modes of transport. We provide dedicated cycle storage areas for members of the public to use. These are located by the main entrance on Church Lane and the outpatients entrance on Cliff Gardens. We also have a covered motorcycle parking area at the main entrance.
Help with transport
If you require ambulance transport and live in North Lincolnshire or the East Riding of Yorkshire or North / South Yorkshire areas eg Goole, Snaith or Doncaster then please contact the Yorkshire Ambulance Service on (0300) 330 2000. Ambulance service desk staff will ask you a series of questions to ensure you are eligible for ambulance transport. Transport can only be booked four weeks in advance of your impending attendance. The ambulance service desks are open from 8am to 6pm (excluding bank holidays).
Are you entitled to hospital transport?
You are entitled to hospital transport if you need a stretcher for your journey or require oxygen or other medical gases during transit.You will also be considered for hospital transport if you have no other means of transport available and you:
- Are permanently in a wheelchair
- Have a mental health problem, learning disability, speech, sight or hearing difficulty which prevents you from using public transport
- Have a medical condition that would compromise your dignity or cause public concern if public transport was used
- Cannot walk without the continual support of another person or walking aid ie zimmer frame or similar
- Experience side effects as a result of your medical treatment or condition which prevent you from using public transport.